- Midwestern State University Wichita Falls TX
- Wayland Baptist, Wichita Falls TX
- Cameron University, Lawton OK
Publicly Funded Training Programs
Skills development grant:
The Texas Workforce Commission information:
Job-training program providing local customized training opportunities for Texas businesses and workers to increase skill levels and wages of the Texas workforce.
- Broken down by workforce age/numbers
- 18-24 13.2% 19,912 (Millennial)
- 25-34 13.4% 20,314 (Millennial)
- 35-44 11.5% 17,456 (Gen X)
- 45-54 14.1% 21,339 (Gen X)
- 55-64 11% 16,706 (Baby Boomer)
- Total population (MSA) 150,780Workforce characteristics: Total-All Industries employment: 56,505 New hires: 8,840 Separations: 9,637 Turnover: 8.9% Average annual earnings, stable jobs: $40,439 Average annual earnings, new stable jobs: $25,341 (Source: JobsEQ® 2014Q3)
The six largest industrial employers in the county:
- Arconic: Gas turbines/Engine components. Employed, 980
- Cryovac: Flexible packaging. Employed, 825. Established 1975
- Work Service Corporation: Paper clips, wood products. Employed, 695. Located in Wichita Falls since1954.
- Vitro: Flat glass manufacturing. Employed, 335. Located in Wichita Falls since 1974.
- Ameron: Fiberglass piping systems. Employed, 243. Established 1967.
- Tranter Inc.: Plate & Frame heat exchangers & transfer units. Employed, 161. Established 2006.
The six largest non-industrial employers in the county:
- Sheppard Air Force Base: Military installation. Employed, 9,067. Established 1941.
- Wichita Falls ISD: Public School System. Employed, 2,150.
- United Regional Healthcare: Med/Surg Hospital. Employed, 1,728
- Midwestern State University: Degree + University. Employed, 1,182. Established 1922
- City of Wichita Falls: City Government. Employed, 1,166. Established 1882.
- North Texas State Hospital: MHMR Hospital. Employed, 976. Established 1922
Any employer with 500+ w/in 60 min proximity:
All the above, to include:
- James V Allred Unit: State Maximum security prison. Employed, 844. Established 1995
- Burkburnett ISD: Public school system. Employed, 500.
- Wichita County: County government. Employed, 500.
- Wal-Mart, Lawrence Rd.: Department store. Employed, 500. Established 1988.
Median income: $44,543 (1,666 margin of error)
Average male salary: $43,198 (3,693)
Average female salary: 34,838 (2, 823)
(Dataset: ACS 5-year Estimate Source: Census Bureau)
Helps Texas employers and job seekers succeed; Workforce Solutions North Texas provides services to employers and job seekers.
Chamber of Commerce/V.P. Business Retention & Expansion:
The partnership between the business community and the BR&E program is incentive based due to the knowledge the BR&E partner has with the business community.